Point 1: Admissions
Research recognizes high admission standards as the first step in identifying quality teacher candidates. The TPP works to admit the most qualified students to become the region's next educators. We feel is our responsibility to identify and prepare students well suited to the profession.When am I eligible to apply for Admission?
- Junior status and enrolled in ED 321
- 2.8 Cumulative GPA
- Required Credit Hours (no grades below a "C") for Certification Area
- EC-6 Certifications: 12 SCH from four of the following - 3 SCH in English prefix (not ENG 1301 or 1302); 3 SCH from Math prefix; 3 SCH from BIO, PHYS or CHEM prefix; 3 SCH from GOVT or HIST prefix; 3 SCH from ARTS, DRAM, MUS
- 7-12 Certifications in English, History or Social Studies: 12 SCH from Content Area
- 7-12 Certifications in Science or Math: 15 SCH from Content Area
Out-of-country applicants to the teacher preparation programs must meet ONE of the following:
- Verification of satisfactory score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language—Internet Based Test (TOEFL-iBT). All four portions (listening, speaking, reading, and writing) are used to calculate the score. Only a passing score on the Speaking portion is required at this time. The acceptable passing score on the Speaking portion is 26.
- Completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree in the U.S.
- Completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree outside the U.S. where English was the primary language of instruction
- Verification of three creditable years of teaching experience in an educational setting in the U.S.
When is the application due?
Students apply to TPP, junior year while enrolled in ED 321. *Students not admitted into the Teacher Preparation Program, but have already taken ED 321, should contact a Program Advisor to discuss admission procedures.
Applications are available through our TK20 website (https://tamut.tk20.com) website between September 1-October 1 or February 1-March 1. Applications are due no later than Oct.1 or Mar. 1.
How do I apply?
You need to 1) complete the application online no later than Oct. 1 or Mar. 1 and 2) participate in the mandatory orientation (See Calendar for specific dates and times).
2. At the Mandatory Orientation, you will complete the following items to be scored.
- Writing Sample
- Oral Interview
- Content Pre-Test
What is the criteria for admittance?
Admittance is based on candidate meeting 1) eligiblity requirements, 2) minimum score on Writing Sample, Oral Interview and Content Pre-Test and 3) Demonstrate College Level Skills by passing THEA: Reading 240, Math 230 and Writing 220.
Questions? Call 903/223-3132 or email email@example.com .