ALL STUDENTS AND EMPLOYEES ARE AUTOMATICALLY UPLOADED TO SCHOOL MESSENGER AT THE START OF EACH SEMESTER. E-MAIL AND PHONE NOTIFICATIONS ARE THE DEFAULT SETTING, IF YOU WISH TO ALSO RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.
SchoolMessenger is a easy-to-use notification service that enables extremely rapid and efficient message delivery via phone, email, and SMS in any language.
In order to enhance our ability to accurately deliver that information we kindly request that you create your own contact preference profile using School Messenger’s web site. This service is opt-in and allows you to control the ways in which you prefer to be contacted. In order to utilize this feature simply follow the steps below to create an account through the secure web site provided by SchoolMessenger.
Steps for setting up your account:
- Enter the following URL into your web browser: https://asp.schoolmessenger.com/tamut/subscriber/
- Click the Sign Up Now link near the bottom of the page.
- You will be taken to the Sign Up page where you will need to confirm the encrypted image (captcha), your name, a valid email address and a password. You’ll use your email address and the password you enter here to sign in later. Review and accept the Terms of Service. Click Create Account when you are done.
- Check your email. There will be an Account Activation email email@example.com the subject Account Activation , which contains a link to activate your account; activation codes are valid for 24 hours. This link will take you to a confirmation page where you must enter your password in order to activate your account.
- Once you’ve activated your account, you’re ready to select your notification preferences.
- Simply choose the type(s) of notifications you wish to receive and the groups to which you belong: High Priority, General Notifications, or Web and Phone-based Surveys
- When you have finished making selections click Save
- Under Contact Information select Add More to enter in your personal information: Phone Call Only, Phone Call and SMS Text, or SMS Text Only
- Select Next to add your contact phone number. The number will be verified and then follow the instructions written on the screen to activate your account .
- IF YOU DON'T WANT TO RECEIVE NOTIFICATIONS PLEASE LOGIN INTO THE SYSTEM USING THE STEPS ABOVE TO OP-OUT OF NOTIFICATIONS.
If you have any questions or problems with signing up, please contact the IT Department at 903-223-3084
Thank you for signing up and we hope you enjoy the SchoolMessenger system!