The Quick THEA test is a test administered for the Teacher Preparation Program (TPP). The Quick THEA test is paper-based. There are three parts to the test – Reading, Mathematics and Writing.
Starting Deember 31, 2014, paper-based exams will no longer be administered.
Dates forthcoming for THEA iBT (Computer-base).
|Test Date||Registration Deadline|
Contact A&M-Texarkana Testing Center to reserve a seat.
Limited Seating Availability
Allowing time to fill in personal data, the test takes approximately five hours.
To register, please contact A&M-Texarkana's testing center at (903) 223-3072 or email@example.com with your date/time preference. If circumstances prevent you from keeping your appointment, please contact the testing center to reschedule within 24-hours.
- $29.00 - Fee may be paid by Personal Check or Money Order made payable to Evaluation Systems or by credit card (VISA or MasterCard only) or a debit or check card that carries the VISA or MasterCard logo and that can be used without the entry of a personal identification number (PIN). Bank cards without a VISA or MasterCard logo cannot be accepted.
- $15.00 - Administrative Fee. Fees may be paid by Personal Check or Money Order ONLY made payable to TAMUT or A&M-Texarkana.
- $5.00 - assessed upon your 2nd reschedule request
|Teacher Preparation Program|
|240 = Reading|
|230* = Mathematics|
|220 = Writing|
|5 or 6** = Essay|
* Students who are unsuccessful on the math section of the above tests may satisfy the math requirement by a grade of B or above in College Algebra or a higher level math course (Math 1350 and/or Math 1351 may not be used to meet this requirement). ** If the combined score of your writing sample is 5, your performance on the multiple-choice questions of the Writing Section is used to determine your pass/not pass status. If your score is 6 or greater. you will automatically pass the Writing Section; regardless of your performance on the multiple-choice questions of the Writing Section.
Student Must Bring
- 2 Forms of Identification
- Sharpened Pencils
- 4 function calculator
- Please visit What To Bring To The Testing Center on Quick THEA website for student items.
- NO Cell Phones are Electronic Devices allowed in the Testing Room
- Please visit Test Center Rules on Quick THEA website for prohibited items.
If you do not pass one or more sections of the Quick THEA Test, you may retake that section at a later date. You must wait 30 days before retaking any section of the Quick THEA Test. If you are retaking only one or two sections, you will have the entire testing session to complete whichever section(s) you have not previously passed.
Click About Quick THEA Test on Quick THEA website for additional information.
Testing Center Contact Information
Click here for contact information.
Updated January 28, 2015