Federal Veterans Education Benefits through the Department of Veterans Administration (VA):
- Chapter 30/32 (Montgomery GI Bill)
- Chapter 1607 (MGIB-Select Reserves)
- Chapter 1606 (Reservist Educational Assistance Program)
- Chapter 33 (Post-9/11 GI Bill)
- Chapter 31 (Disabled American Veterans)
- Chapter 35 (Dependents/Survivors of disabled or deceased Veterans)
Chapter 33 military housing allowance is calculated on the Zip Code of the university (75503) at E-5 with Dependents and becomes static after your first semester. To obtain the current rate, use the BAH Calculator at https://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/bahCalc.cfm. Chapter 33 students who are enrolled less than full-time or only in distance courses will receive a prorated amount.
NEW STUDENT VETERANS AND DEPENDENTS - Use the 1st Semester Checklist to navigate the process!
For those receiving certain VA benefits or whose VA benefits are exhausted, you may qualify for State of Texas military benefits. Please click the State link in the left menu for more information.
Federal and state financial aid benefits and scholarships may also be available to those who qualify. For more information, visit http://tamut.edu/Student-Support/Financial%20Aid/index.html or email fin.aid@TAMUT.edu.