January 25, 2000
Members present: Harbin, Martin, Simonson, Moore, Black, Hastings, Johnson
1. Minutes of the December 16th meeting were approved. (Harbin, Simonson)
2. Accounting 527. Dr. Brumm discussed with the committee the situation surrounding this and related courses. No action was taken. Pat Black volunteered to notify each department coordinator of the dates to submit new courses and courses changes to the curriculum committee after departmental faculty approval.
3. Dr. Johnson agreed to discuss the idea of one and two hour symposia and seminars with the department coordinators.
4. Dr. Nutter presented concerns regarding the number of adjunct faculty teaching core courses in the education department. A motion passed to request that Dr. Johnson convene a task force to study this issue. (Hastings, Harbin)
5. A discussion was held regarding whether the curriculum committee should report to the Faculty Senate. No action was taken. It was mentioned that curriculum committee members should continue to be elected rather than appointed.
6. Dr. Johnson agreed that he will put in writing his response to each recommendation forwarded to him by this committee.
7. Next meeting, February 22, 2000, 2:30, room 229N.