Undergraduate Curriculum Committee Minutes
February 14, 2006
Called to Order: 2:00 pm
Adjourned 2:29 pm
Members present: Peter Racheotes Chair;
Shirley Garick, Gaynell Green, Joan Brumm, William Laird, Bob Owen
Members present: Ann Lotven, Kristi Johnson, Pat Black
Absent: Carla Snyder, Anson Godfrey
Guests: Tom Wagy
2. Meeting called to order by Dr. Racheotes.
3. Dr. Green moved, second by Dr. Garick to approve minutes from previous meeting, December 13, 2005. Motion passed
4. Dr. Green moved, second by Dr. Garick to approve minutes from Special Meeting, January 31, 2006 with the following changes: Omit the attachment and the word Attached on Item No. 8. Properly renumber last two items to Item, No. 9 and Item No. 10, correct date (2005 to 2006) on Item No. 9. Motion passed
5. Dr. Owen moved, seconded by Dr. Laird to table Course Inventory Add/Reinstate: HSCI 405: Cultural Pluralism in Health Care and Mental Health (Garick) until further modifications pertaining to the justification statement are made and re-submitted to the UCC for review of the modifications at the March 14, 2006 meeting.
Motion to table passed
6. Dr. Garick moved, second by Dr. Owen to approve Changes to Existing Undergraduate Program: Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems (McDonald) Motion passed.
7. Dr. Garick moved, second by Dr. Owen to approve Changes to Existing Undergraduate Program: Social Studies Minor (Wagy) Motion passed8. Dr. Garick moved, second by Dr. Owen to approve Changes to Existing Undergraduate Program: Bachelor of Sciences in Computer Information Sciences (Green). Motion passed
9. The committee deliberated the decision in the Special Meeting to not require faculty to submit 497 course offerings to the UCC until the course has been offered three times. The decision was made that if a subject area does not have a 497 course, then the course needs to be approved by the UCC in order to be added to the course inventory. A subject area that already has a 497 course still must submit a syllabus for any new title. It only needs to come to UCC if there is a syllabus change.
10. Other Business: No other business was discussed.
11. Next meeting will be Tuesday, March 14, 2006, 2-4 pm, Room 375.
12. Meeting adjournment at 2:29 p.m.