March 17, 2004
Called to Order: 2:32p
Members: G. Parangimalil, Chair, B. Owen, J. Hamilton, P. Racheotes,
S. Garick, S. Bhuiyan
Ex-Officio: R. Roach, P. Black, C. Moore, R. Stripling, A. Godfrey
Absent: R. Stripling
1. S. Garick moved, second by S. Bhuiyan to approve February 11, 2004 minutes. Motion passed.
2. S. Bhuiyan moved, second by J. Hamilton to approve ITED 532: Leadership in Educational Technology (Aworuwa) with the following change: under Prerequisites on Course Inventory Add/Reinstate form add: *Students must have operational knowledge of Microsoft Office (or equivalent) and *Students who have not completed COMM 350 must have permission of instructor. Motion passed.
3. P. Racheotes moved, second by J. Hamilton to approve NURS 317: Pathophysiology for Nurses (Garick) as a new course. Motion passed.
4. S. Garick moved, second by P. Racheotes to approve HSCI 346/546: Complementary & Alternative Health Care (Porterfield) with the following change: delete the word “week” on syllabus as this university does not have a Finals Week. Motion passed.
5. S. Garick moved, second by J. Hamilton to approve changes to existing graduate Special Education program (Beason/Harris). Motion passed.
6. P. Racheotes moved, second by S. Bhuiyan to approve changes to existing Criminal Justice (Jordan) undergraduate program. Motion passed.
7 & 8. P. Racheotes moved, second by S. Garick to table item #7: changes to existing undergraduate History program (Wagy) and item #8: changes to existing undergraduate Social Studies program (Wagy) until the next scheduled meeting. Motion passed.
9. Old Business:
a) Clerical support will be provided by the Chair’s college support staff.
b) Election of new Chair.
10. Next Meeting: April 14, 2004.
Charlotte E. Maxwell