Curriculum Committee Minutes
July 25, 2002
Members: C. McAllister, Chair; G. Parangimalil; D. Abbott; J. Hargus, D. Allard
Called to Order: 1:05p
1. G. Parangimalil moved, J. Hargus seconded the motion to approve the minutes of May 6, 2002. Motion passed. The Committee will research how long the Chair serves and make appropriate changes to the By-laws.
2. D. Abbott moved, D. Allard seconded to accept the proposed curricular changes in Nursing as presented by J. Kahler. Motion passed.
3a. D. Allard moved, G. Parangimalil seconded the proposal to offer an on-line BBA degree in General Business as presented by A. Ntoko. Motion passed contingent on approval from SACs.
D. Abbott moved, G. Parangimalil seconded items 3b-3e; proposal for no Business concentration in the Bachelor of General Studies degree; proposal for no Business concentration in the MSIS degree; proposal for no Counseling concentration in the MSIS degree; proposal for a structured Psychology concentration in the MSIS degree with six specific Psychology courses, (Psy 503/516/533/535/543/575) as presented by A. Ntoko. Motion passed.
4. D. Abbott moved, G. Parangimalil seconded approval of changes to the GenEd requirements for Eng/Lang Arts/Rdg teaching fields. Motion passed.
5. D. Allard moved, D. Abbott seconded approval of Hist. 597. Motion passed contingent upon expanded catalog description and proper paperwork (Changes to Existing Undergraduate Program form).
6. Items #6 - #11 (Hist. 497/COM 305/Jour 310, 311, 412, 414) tabled until next meeting for lack of appropriate paperwork and departmental approval from A&S.
12. D. Allard moved, D. Abbott seconded approval pending proper paperwork to change course prefix ED to SPED. Motion passed.
13. D. Abbott moved, J. Hargus seconded approval to extend internship for principals and superintendents over two semesters in Education Administration as presented by R. Stripling. Motion passed.
14. D. Allard moved, D. Abbott seconded approval of MGT 465: Production & Operations Management. Motion passed.
15. C. McAllister, Chair, will memo all faculty to follow proper procedures for items submitted to this committee.
16. D. Allard will serve as Webmaster for this committee.
17. Next meeting: Friday, August 23, 2002. Time and location TBA.
C. Maxwell, Recorder