September 24, 2001
Members: J. Harbin, Chair; C. McAllister; J. Stalling; D. Abbott; Pat Black, ex officio; Carol Moore, ex officio; J. Johnson, ex officio Excused: J. Hargus; D. Roach, ex officio
The meeting opened at 1:25 p.m.
1. Replacing IS595: Research Literature & Techniques with new course:
ED595: Research Literature & Techniques (for Master’s in Education students only). This was deferred until Dr. Stripling can be present to address Committee concerns.
2. New Biology course: BSC437: Herpetology.
J. Stalling moved, D. Abbott seconded, the motion passed.
3. Name and description change and web course: ACCT524: Ethical & Legal Issues in Accounting to: Legal, Regulatory, & Ethical Environment of Business
D. Abbott moved, C. McAllister seconded, the motion passed.
4. Proposal for putting the General Business Major on line.
Dr. Mohundro presented the proposal. D. Abbott moved, J. Stalling seconded, the motion passed the proposal with so noted core changes, non-substantive changes, entirety online, credit for career/life experience up to 24 credit hours; and additional non-substantive details to be worked out later.
5. Proposed draft of Procedures/Guidelines/Mission for University Curriculum Committee.
J. Harbin requested the committee review the draft and submit comments and possible changes to him for submission at the next committee meeting.
6. No new business for discussion.
Next meeting date is to be announced at a later time.
The meeting adjourned at 3:00 p.m.