Grad Certification Completion
For INTERNSHIP, teacher candidates must apply for a year-long Probationary Certificate. Please see Field Experience for additional information.
To apply for Probationary Certification and pay fees by following the steps below.
- Go to Texas Education Agency (TEA) - http://www.tea.state.tx.us/.
- Choose “Educator Certification” from menu on left side.
- Select Educator LOGIN/ACCOUNT SET UP
- Follow the instructions to apply for PROBATIONARY certification.
- Apply under Texas A&M University-Texarkana “Alternative” program.
- Pay fee.
- Texas A&M University-Texarkana will approve upon verification of documentation.
- TEA will process and issue probationary.
- Upon receipt of probationary certificate, provide a copy to employing district.
Upon completion of INTERNSHIP/CLINICAL PRACTICUM AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS LIST BELOW, candidate apply for Standard Texas Teacher Certificate.
- Completion of required coursework with an overall GPA of at least a 3.0 GPA and no grade less than a “C”.
- Passing scores on all required certification exams. (Content and PPR)
- Satisfactory completion of two semesters of internship or one semester of clinical teaching and submission of required documentation to the Education Office.
To apply for Texas Standard Teacher Certification:
- Access the Texas Education Agency (TEA) website: www.tea.state.tx.us
- Select “Educator Certification,” then “Educator LOGIN/ACCOUNT SET UP.” You should already have a user name and password.
- Log in and follow the instructions to apply for standard certification through Texas A&M University – Texarkana Alternative Certification Program.
- Pay the remittance fee.
- Once we have verified completion of all program requirements, we will issue approval.
Adding Other Certifications:
- Certification by Examination – An educator who holds an appropriate Texas classroom teaching certificate may add additional classroom certification areas by successfully completing the appropriate content examination for the area(s) sought. Adding Additional Certifications
If Candidate does not complete requirements, candidate may renew Probationary Certificate:
- If you have not completed all program requirements by the time your Probationary Certificate expires, you may request an extension for a second year. Contact Certification Office for paperwork and an Academic Improvement Plan. PLEASE NOTE: You will need to start this process well before the expiration date for you current Probationary Certificate. There is a fee charged for continued supervision.
- Provide a copy of your new ISD contract to Certification Office.
- Upon receipt of new ISD contract, Certification Office will provide new Statement of Eligibility for your ISD to complete and return.
Questions? Call 903/223-3044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org