Utility NavTop NavContentLeft NavSite SearchSite SearchSite Search

Out of State Residency Prior to Fall 2019

A student who resides in a state other than Texas, is considered a non-resident.

Senate Bill 1272 may allow students residing in Oklahoma, Arkansas, certain counties in New Mexico, or certain parishes in Louisiana to receive a waiver to pay a lowered non-resident tuition. Please review the information below to see if you qualify for this waiver.

  • A non-resident student who resides in Oklahoma, Arkansas, certain parishes in Louisiana (see below), and certain counties in New Mexico (see below) will receive the in-state tuition rate.

Arkansas All counties in Arkansas

Oklahoma All counties in Oklahoma

Border Parish Louisiana -Bordering parishes listed below

      • Beauregard Parish
      • Caddo Parish
      • Calcasieu Parish
      • Cameron Parish
      • DeSoto Parish
      • Sabine Parish
      • Vernon Parish

Border County New Mexico Bordering counties listed below

      • Union County
      • Quay County
      • Curry County
      • Roosevelt County
      • Lea County
      • Eddy County
      • Otero County
      • Dona Ana County
  • Students Residing in the 44 contiguous states

A non-resident student who resides in the 44 contiguous states including all other counties in New Mexico and all other parishes in Louisiana will pay the in-state tuition rate plus $30.00 per credit hour.

  • International Students and Students from Alaska and Hawaii

Students who are international or reside in Alaska and Hawaii will be charged our full out-of-state tuition rate.  

  • 7101 University Ave
  • Texarkana, TX 75503
  • p: 903.223.3000
  • f: 903.223.3104
.Back to Top