Utility NavTop NavContentLeft NavSite SearchSite SearchSite Search

Resident Information and FAQ

RA Applications are due in Student Life, UC 126,  by April 10th.  Click here to apply.

Living on campus is a fun and rewarding experience.  The Office of Residence Life is here to make sure your home in Bringle Lake Village is comfortable, safe and enjoyable. Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns at 903-223-1355 or email housing@tamut.edu.

Resident Information


Do I have to live on campus?
All students under 21 years of age as of the first class day, fall or spring semester, with fewer than 60 accumulated semester hours, and are enrolled in 9 or more hours are required to live in Bringle Lake Village. Exemptions to this requirement may be pursued through the Office of Residence Life.

How are hall and roommate assignments made?
Assignments are based on the date housing applications and deposits are received. The Office of Residence Life strives to honor specific roommate requests. Such students should attempt to submit applications early and simultaneously. The Office of Residence Life attempts to meet all roommate and hall requests but, unfortunately, is not able to grant every request.

Who will be in charge of the hall?

Bringle Lake Village houses a director and 8 resident assistants and a community resident assistant. The director is responsible for supervising hall staff, daily management and advising the hall council. Resident assistants live among the residents and are responsible for creating programming and peer counseling in their areas. The hall staff provides assistance to students 24 hours a day.

When do I need to submit my application and $100 application fee?

Once you submit your housing application online the $100 fee will be placed on your student account. Once the fee is on your account you may pay the amount either online or bring it to the business office.

Do I get my $100 application fee back?
No, application fee's will not be returned.

Can I apply for housing before I apply or get admitted to the university?

Unfortunately, we cannot accept housing applications from anyone that has not been admitted to the University. Once you have applied to the university and have been admitted, housing applications will be accessible via your Web for Students.

Can I stay in the halls over a holiday break?
Students are allowed to stay in the halls over some holidays. All students staying over a break need to sign up in the Office of Residence Life. There is a charge to stay in the hall over Winter Break approximate $250.  These nights are not covered in the standard semester rate. Students should also be aware that they may be required to relocate to a designated room for the duration of the break. However, students may be asked to find overnight accommodations for holidays such as Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas day so that staff may spend the holidays with their families.

Are the residence halls safe?

We make every effort to create a safe living environment for all residents. The University Police Department patrols the campus 24 hours a day. Our staff is trained to monitor and report various safety concerns. Emergency procedures are addressed each semester with the residents. Students are encouraged to lock their doors when they’re away from their rooms.

What would I do if I got locked out of the residence hall at night?
A resident that loses their keys will be able to contact a staff member 24 hours a day. A night duty number which rings in the resident assistant's cell phone that’s on duty between the hours of 6 pm and 7 am each day. The duty number is posted at the front entrance and front desk.

Can I change roommates or halls once I arrive?
There is a two-week housing freeze at the beginning of each semester where no one is allowed to move. After the 12th class day, students will be allowed to participate in a two-week consolidation period where students are allowed to move.

If I have any problems, what should I do?
You are encouraged to contact the resident assistant in your hall. Your Resident Assistant should be able to assist you.  If you need additional information, you are welcome to contact the Office of Residence Life and we’ll assist you in finding answers or solving problems.

Telephones are available in common areas throughout the hall for on-campus and local phone calls.
Do I have to stay on campus both semesters? 
Yes. All housing applications that are submitted will be treated as an academic year long contract. Any students wishing to move off campus in the spring semester will need to turn in off-campus housing request documentation to the Residence Life Department no later than four weeks prior to the end of the semester. Students that have not been approved to live off-campus will still be responsible for housing charges for the remainder of the academic year as well as any mandatory events or floor meetings, including proper check-outs at breaks. Failure to do so could result in additional fines. If a student is breaking a contract they may be subject to a fine up to 10% of the contract.
  • 7101 University Ave
  • Texarkana, TX 75503
  • p: 903.223.3000
  • f: 903.223.3104
.Back to Top